About The Author
I always find the anonymous authors on the internet very odd, especially when I invite them to chat on a social networking site and their profile listed under their pen name or something like that, so I want to be as open as I can. My name is Richard Bushey, I am a student of Religion, an ex-Oneness Pentecostal (after reading my Bible) and I was persuaded to adhere to Christian theology as an adult after being exposed to Christian apologetics. If you would like to contact me, come to our Facebook Bible discussion group, Therefore, God Exists (Theology)
About The Blog
I created www.ThereforeGodExists.com after my conversion a few years ago, and the basic plot is to help struggling Christians receive answers to the difficult questions, including God’s existence, the truth of the scripture, the truth in orthodox doctrines and so forth. I believe in worshipping in Spirit (knowing God) and truth (knowing God’s word). As such, www.ThereforeGodExists.com defends and maintains the following doctrines:
- There is one true Creator God, who is eternally existent in three persons; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- God created the world in six literal days (there is more than one definition of the word day in the Hebrew language, one of which being a long but finite period of time) and rested on the seventh, indeed, is still at rest.
- The Bible is the inerrant, inspired, and authoritative word of God (as such, Genesis 1-11 are taken as literal historical accounts of actual events).
- God revealed himself in Jesus Christ, who was the incarnation in human flesh, of God, and as such, was fully God and fully man.
- Jesus Christ endured the wrath of God during his crucifixion, and died.
- He rose from the dead three days later.
- Salvation comes exclusively as one puts their trust in Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins.
- Water baptism, good works and a righteous lifestyle follow after salvation.